Improve your photography on this multi-genre, collaborative photography workshop with local photographers in the stunning landscape of the Ecrin National Parc.
Crushed by steep slopes, dominated by high peaks, the Valgaudemar, a wild site among all, has preserved its authenticity. The valley has a fierce yet endearing character, with its fragile hamlets miraculously clinging to the slope. Located at 1045m altitude on the Gioberney tourist route, the village of La Chapelle en Valgaudemar has retained the characteristics of a mountain village, combining traditions with an active life within the village and a various tourist activities.
Depart on this all inclusive immersive weekend to learn about how life has changed with the migration from the valley and search out the local inhabitants and artisans.
The workshop will be based around three days of landscape and portraiture photography with night time editing and projections around convivial home cooked meals using local products. As not everyone has the same tastes and needs, you will also have the possibility to add on:
* a night of astrophotography with a specialised astro photographers plus post production workshop to create stunning images you want to put on your walls! Dates will be chosen to best see the Milky Way.
* a guided tour with a mountain guide who will raise some of the most topical issues of growing importance with physical and social repercussions e.g. the problems encountered due to climate change, and what can be done to change this.
* on the trial of Vivien Maier, the famous American photographer, originally from the alpine area of Champsaur - follow in her footsteps on an electric bicycle and recreate some of her famous photos
* a traditional cookery lesson with local products and a food photography masterclass
This is an all inclusive trip including food and drink, accommodation and transport.
Available once a month from March to October.
Please enquire for dates and get in touch for more information or to see more photos
Type of experience
- Photo Workshop
- Western Europe
- Largely landscapes
- Explore nature
- Approach people
- After dark
- Get in touch for availability
When (if specific dates)4-6 March 2022 and 1-3 April 2022
- Three days
Languages spokenEnglish and French
What is included
- Pro photographer
- All meals
- Tour leader expenses
- Internal transport
- Local guide
- Entrance fees (parks, monuments ...)
- Post production tutorials
What is not included but recommended for the experienceA camera or smartphone. Warm clothes and good walking shoes
Five keywords that best describe the experience you will havereportage
Camera equipment used by photographerCanon
Private or group?